Minnesota Scenario Paintball Forums  

Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Minnesota Scenario Paintball Forums > General Scenario Paintball > Scenario Rules

Old 09-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
MildMunchBrando

Default Tanks cannot be eliminated to main base?

So I don't want to say my guys were complaining about this... there has got to be a better word. Confused it sounded like to me or just they just wanted to know the deal/make a suggestion for future events.

So there is no set amount of times a tank can be killed before it has to be forced to re-spawn somewhere to start over.

Did we change the rules in here? Or did that just get over looked and not posted in the rules whenever they got updated.

For the tank to be allowed to stay in for whatever duration the driver deems fit. Doesn't seem fit is a bit unreasonable?

I don't want to discourage tanks from being on the field but I mean just parking out and staying their until the drive gets bored is kinda...

If the consensus is not to discourage drivers from bringing tanks cool I get it.

What about an ultimate kill box on tanks for laws? Almost impossible to hit. Once it is though, that's the reset to main base? Or 3-5 hits and it resets?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
Rogue

Or an extended down time after a third kill? They don't have to drive back to staging or a base, but they are down for 15 minutes.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
Ventvisor

I have used a metadyne launcher attached to a geo3 the last 3 gbgs. And it's always been 3 hits an tanks out. That's what I knew the rules as. But at the last hour of this last gbg the rules changed to unlimited lives with a 3 min shut down. Which makes no sense. Tanks can capture an hold a base without worry of having to leave the battle field. It was very disappointing. I know tankers want to be out there an they spent their money to have their tanks. But I've invested a lot of stop them in my weapon. I busted 2 helicopters and 3 tanks in the first 2.5 hours of gbg. If tankers are having that big of difficulty staying alive. Play smarter and better. Not just drive into a sea of people getting kills. Look for the guys with laws. Play smart. Not change rules have way through a game. I'm just stating my feeling. If tanks can't leave field of play. What's the point of spending 4$ a rocket slowing them down. When they will eventually be in your base like this last fall game.
My 2
Ventvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
AwwShoot

Our LAW above did everything he could to stop anything that came at us. That unlimited lives change the last hour of the first half was a very bad call!

Major rule changes like this should never be made during the game without both generals FULL agreement! Our General called Litterbox to see if the rule could be changed back and he said NO, that 3 hits to eliminate the tank was not in the rules.

As far as I know, it has been 3 hits to eliminate a tank and force them to respawn for the last 4 GBGs before this one (we started GBG23).

So my question is why was this changed?

The Titan for the Spring GBG was another cluster due to the continuous rule change/bending/breaking with most the refs not having a clue what the actual distance limit was for the Titan's advance on the Generals tent.

From here I feel we need to decide between 2 or 3 hits before the tank needs to respawn. Others have done 1 hit to disable and a second hit to destroy.

It would be nice to have a light and heavy tank rule set. Light tanks like the walking tanks and small one person lawn mowers should be"weaker" opponents. Fulda Gap's rules for light tanks is a hit anywhere including to the front other than the turrent.

Lil Reb and the CC Military tank would qualify as heavy tanks. Not sure where Honey Badger would fit though but it does use 2 players and since Honey Badger is usually all Red has it should be considered Heavy. EAGLE 5 (Honey Badger's temporary replacement) would have also fit the Heavy tank category especially since it could have ran with 3 players.
AwwShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #5
rkptcowboy

When i asked Litter Box (the gamemaster) About that rule during the last gbg he said it was never an official rule that a tank had to return to the main base it was just something that was unwritten that tanks started doing. maybe we should make it a written rule?
Old 10-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
AkkadianTim

I would say that tanks get only a few hits before having to leave to reinsert like a player. I know people like tanks, and some of my ideas would discourage them coming, but if we don't limit them then it ends up sacrificing the game for everyone else.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:34 PM   #7
raykowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkptcowboy View Post
When i asked Litter Box (the gamemaster) About that rule during the last gbg he said it was never an official rule that a tank had to return to the main base it was just something that was unwritten that tanks started doing. maybe we should make it a written rule?
in 2011 the rules were rewrote eliminating the 3 hits your out rule. this was due to tank operators complaining it was using to much gas up driving out to a spot getting hit and having to drive back to insert. for 2015 these rules will be rewrote again. cowboy I miss spoke when I said never but it has been so long since the change I forgot. good thing that I don't throw things away and I have all the rules in print since 2006
Old 02-25-2015, 02:41 PM   #8
rkptcowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykowski View Post
in 2011 the rules were rewrote eliminating the 3 hits your out rule. this was due to tank operators complaining it was using to much gas up driving out to a spot getting hit and having to drive back to insert. for 2015 these rules will be rewrote again. cowboy I miss spoke when I said never but it has been so long since the change I forgot. good thing that I don't throw things away and I have all the rules in print since 2006
Honey badger has a fuel efficient engine and either way gasoline is part of tank operation if they have an issue with their gas prices then don't bring the tank out and let honey badger rule the field haha
rkptcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote